Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Upon arrival to your appointment please remain in your car and call our office so we can perform our ADA prescreening questionnaire and take your temperature.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Please do your best to limit the usage or restrooms while at our office
- In addition to our detailed ADA, CDC, & OSHA disinfection protocols we have implemented some new protocols to ensure your safety.
- A disinfection fogger will be used throughout our office multiple times a day
- High speed air evacuation systems will be utilized to reduce aerosol production
- UV/HEPA air purification systems have been installed throughout the practice
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number or visit our website at web address.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
As we've been monitoring this rapidly changing nature of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are doing our best to navigate. Together, as a community we are facing trying times and the current pandemic is affecting all of us. We wanted to reach out with an update on how we are handling our business to our best to support the health and safety of both you and our team.
First, we give our loving thoughts for anyone who has been impacted by the virus and we as a team are taking precautions in our office.
Dr. Fenlon is available to see patients on a limited basis. We have staff members that are teleworking to handle the administration of our dental practice. We are continuing to work to have your insurance claims processed and paid promptly. We understand the devastating financial impact this time has on so many. We ask that you communicate with us if any special arrangements are needed during this trying time.
As we deal with the uncertainty, we appreciate your understanding and hope at the very least that times like these remind us that we are all in this together. We hope to see your healthy, happy faces soon!
You may have been inundated with many companies and media each posting their individual preventative protocols in reaction to the coronavirus. Instead of rehashing the important current information for the public to know, I am referring you to visit coronavirus.gov. Beyond that you should know that we strictly follow current CDC and MD State OSHA disinfection and sterilization protocols.
We have added essential oil diffusers in common areas in order to control any airborne viruses. All flat surfaces will be wiped down throughout the day and hand sanitizers are readily available.
Over the next several weeks, we ask our patients to adhere to the following temporary changes to our protocols.
- Any person who has traveled outside the U.S. or encountered someone positive for COVID-19 in the past month, must reschedule their appointments.
- Any person exhibiting signs of fever or illness (including coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, runny nose, headache, muscle aches, etc.) must reschedule their appointments.
- Only scheduled patients will be permitted in the office. We ask that all other family members and caregivers remain in their cars. If we are not ready to seat you in our operatory, we may ask for you to wait in your car until we are ready to start your appointment.
- To further minimize patient interactions , any follow up appointments needed will be scheduled over the phone by one of our staff members.
Additionally, we ask that any appointment scheduling be done either by phone call or by requesting an appointment through our website or by sending us an email.
It is extremely important to all our staff that our patients and community remain safe and healthy during this unique time. We will continue to monitor the changes or advancements and make decisions we feel are in the best interest of our community.
As always, you are welcome to call our office to speak with a staff member and work through any concerns you may have.
Thank you for being a valued patient in our dental practice.
Thomas J Fenlon DDS